Vision, Mission, Objectives
Early Childhood Education is the key to a better society. It provides children with the best possible start in life and is the foundation of a literate, pluralistic and democratic Canada.
Promote the best evidence to inform practice, policy and research to cultivate increased public investment in high quality early learning as an entitlement for every child.
- Highlight the role of ECE in promoting a happy childhood and a love of learning.
- Promote investment in early childhood education that ensures even the most disadvantaged children have the chance to succeed alongside their more advantaged peers.
- Emphasize ECE’s role in enhancing gender equity in the home and in the workplace.
- Build bridges between public education and early education to create the knowledge needed for a sustainable world.
- Recognize a highly trained and resourced early childhood workforce is essential.
- Encourage continued innovation and monitoring of ECE practices, programs and policies.
- Work with governments, business, civic and sector leaders to promote broader public understanding and support for ECE.