Building Blocks for Child Care | November 2022
Excerpt: "The messages we hear from these survey results comes through loud and clear.
- Governments can and should act now to facilitate expansion of child care to meet parents’ needs (and to fulfill the promises they have made to parents).
- Child care providers need government action to attract staff to early childhood education as a career - to raise wages in order to recruit and retain qualified educators.
- Not-for-profit and public licensees need guarantees that operating funding will be available if they do expand.
- These licensees need access to capital funding, especially a program of capital grants, to kickstart the process of expansion.
- And these not-for-profit and public child care operators need municipalities, school boards and provincial and federal governments to identify lands and buildings suitable and available for expansion."
Access the full report HERE